One of the aims of this site is to provide as much information as is possible for patients, families and carers for people that we care for at Leeds.
There are different sections which offer different kinds of information and different levels of detail about the various services we offer as well as about common neurosurgical illnesses.
There is information about the common conditions that we deal with available to see by clicking on each individual condition on the “For Patients” menu at the top of every page.
For the neurosurgical oncology nurse specialists, click here.
If you are looking for support networks and charities, this page is dedicated to patient support.
We also have a page giving more general information about the department including practical details such as visiting hours and telephone numbers.
Downloadable Patient Information Leaflets
The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust has produced some excellent patient information leaflets in conjunction with the neurosurgical team. We are pleased to also offer these on this site. You can click on any of the links below to view a document although they are not printable or editable.
All of the information leaflets below are copyright of The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and are reproduced with their kind permission.
- Discharge Advice Following Pituitary Surgery
- Discharge Advice Following Evacuation of Subdural Haematoma
- Discharge Advice Following Micro-Vascular Decompression
- Personal VP Shunt Health Record
- Discharge Advice Following Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- Discharge Advice Following Cerebral Abscess
- Discharge Advice Following Spinal Surgery
- Discharge Advice Following Craniotomy
- Cerebral Angiography
- Post Angiographic
- Pain Relief After Your Operation
- Neurosurgical Unit Same Day Surgery
- Neurosurgical Unit Day Case Surgery
- Neurosurgical Unit Admission Informtation