Making an Online Referral...
This electronic system should be used for all urgent referrals that are not immediately life-threatening and can be accessed via the links below. You will receive a response via the same software.
If your patient has one of the potentially life-threatening conditions listed below - please phone the neurosurgical registrar on-call on the emergency mobile number (via LGI switchboard).
Potentially life-threatening emergencies:
- Acute Subdural Haematoma
- Extradural Haematoma
- Intracerebral Haematoma with deteriorating GCS
- Spontaneous (Non-Traumatic) Subarachnoid Haemorrhage
- Spinal Epidural Haematoma
- Cerebral Abscess
- Subdural Empyema
- Spinal Epidural abscess
- Acute Hydrocephalus (excluding normal pressure hydrocephalus)
- Any patient with an intracranial mass lesion(TUMOUR/HAEMATOMA) and deteriorating GCS
To proceed to make an online referral, click one of the buttons below:
Please note that acute cases of back pain, thoracic/lumbar fractures, discitis and suspected or confirmed metastatic spinal cord compression should be referred to the registrar on call for orthopaedics at Leeds General Infirmary, via the LGI switchboard. For further information on who to contact for spinal problems please see the spinal referral guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Has this system been approved in my Trust?
- The online referrals software is a secure referrals portal that is run from a secure NHS server. It is not an external website
- The software is fully compliant with the NHS Information Governance requirements
- Any NHS Trust or GP is welcome to use the facility, and this software will run on almost all NHS servers*
- This project has specifically been tested and approved at a Trust level in the following NHS Trusts:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
*Some GPs may find that their particular NHS server is not recognised if they try to use the system.
In this case, please go through the on-call neurosurgical registrar via:
LGI switchboard: (0113 243 2799)