Making an Online Referral...
This electronic system should be used for all urgent referrals that are not immediately life-threatening and can be accessed via the links below. You will receive a response via the same software.
If your patient has one of the potentially life-threatening conditions listed below - please phone the neurosurgical registrar on-call on the emergency mobile number (via LGI switchboard).
Potentially life-threatening emergencies:
- Acute Subdural Haematoma
- Extradural Haematoma
- Intracerebral Haematoma with deteriorating GCS
- Spontaneous (Non-Traumatic) Subarachnoid Haemorrhage
- Spinal Epidural Haematoma
- Cerebral Abscess
- Subdural Empyema
- Spinal Epidural abscess
- Acute Hydrocephalus (excluding normal pressure hydrocephalus)
- Any patient with an intracranial mass lesion(TUMOUR/HAEMATOMA) and deteriorating GCS
To proceed to make an online referral, click one of the buttons below:
Please note that acute cases of back pain, thoracic/lumbar fractures, discitis and suspected or confirmed metastatic spinal cord compression should be referred to the registrar on call for orthopaedics at Leeds General Infirmary, via the LGI switchboard. For further information on who to contact for spinal problems please see the spinal referral guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm having trouble logging in/gaining access - what should I do?
- LeedsNeurosurgery.com does not maintain the online referrals software, it is run by Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust on their secure server in order that it complies with NHS information governance requirements
- In the event of login difficulties