Making an Acute Referral...
This electronic system should be used for all urgent referrals that are not immediately life-threatening. You will receive a response via the same software.
How to Make an Online Referral:
In order to make a referral you will need:
- Your GMC Number
- An NHS (i.e. Trust or NHS.net) e-mail account
- A computer that is on an NHS network
If you do not have all of the above, please find someone in the department who does!
Register For The Site:
- When you click the link at the bottom of the page, you will be taken to a page like the image shown below (click image to enlarge):
- Click the Request Logon link to register for the site (right hand side) and proceed to complete this process
- You will receive an e-mail with details of how to activate your account
Activate Your Account:
- Click the Activate Logon link to activate your account (right hand side)
Make Your Referral:
- Once you have activated your account, go to the site again and click the Referring Hospitals link to make a referral
- Once a referral is made, the on-call neurosurgical registrar will receive a text message to inform them of this and they will review the referral and offer advice
- You will receive responses to online referrals via the same system
- Once registered, your account will last you for your career. You do not need to create a new account if you change NHS Trusts etc. but you do need to raise a call with Helpdesk to ask for your account to be allocated to your new Trust site when you have mooved.